Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bored. ? Welcome to the Fun'ouse.

The Young Ones: "Boring", with musical guest star: Madness, singing "Welcome to the Funhouse"  (in the 2nd video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FtWBcqjoBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1vy6dTCfrk&feature=related


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa3yxN068U&feature=relmfu


It's getting to be that time.  Midsummer.  Madness.  I don' wanna go to school.....yet.  Yet.  What to do?

     I just finished a hilarious book too quickly, flat ending.  Billy Liar, it was.    Reminded me of these^.
So Billy, because he lives in a boring small town in Yorkshire with his unimaginative family who seem to only criticise his dereliction of duty (things most boring), takes frequent and lengthy excursions to a land in his imagination he calls Ambrosia, where things are more colorful, and work out better for him, like having ready made places for all three of his girlfriends/fiancees in Yorkshire.  It made me wonder, if I were to go off and live elsewhere, what places would I like to spend some time??? In what fantasy lands could I see myself?   And who would I be there?

     There are no women in The Young Ones, so I am afraid I would really gum up the works there.  Sorry, forgot Vyv's mum in this episode, but she rarely counts.  Hmmm.  Got it!  In one episode Vyv turns up preggers: I could be that!  Coorr!!  Lord knows I wouldn't want to live with them---with their mouldy fridge, beds catching fire, flooding--it would have to be a hit and run at the pub where Madness plays.


      No, I need a better world.  Hogwarts. Yessssss.  Who could I be there?  A new teacher.  Madellena Dallastoria, professor of Wizard Literature and History.   My classes become quite popular in contrast to the dullness of the ghostly Cuthbert Binn's , any would---I try to make modern connections for relevancy.  One time lover (soul mate, really)  of Sirius Black, with whom it is rumoured I have carried a child, but alas, I am pure Muggle-born:  the Blacks would consider ours a love that must be hidden away.   Our child may be a green-eyed middle schooler in Ravensclaw?   Sirius is under the impression that I (and she) died, but I have used a polyjuice spell to fool him, and he is much preoccupied with matters involving Harry.  Only Dumbledore knows my true identity, but Professor McGonagall  seems to think my  eyes look familiar. 
     However, my own obsession is with the mystery of Severus Snape--I keep a file on him and his family history.  How did he get to Hogwarts?  And whose side is he on?  I find , before Harry, that he is Half-Blood--how did he get to be a deatheater, and why?   There is Muggle literature that I find Snape to be interested in...Wuthering Heights...King Arthur and  Elaine...Faust.   Various tales of unrequited love.  No one else seems to see the pattern.  Do I myself love Snape?   Not exactly?  Would I transform my self into Lily...no, much too ugly , and unsatisfying,  a thought. What I choose not to do.
     In fact, that is one of my focal points in my history class, besides pointing out the delicate line between story and history, I am interested in the stories of wizardry when a particular witch, wizard did NOT resort to magic to attain their ends, in spite of having enormous powers to do so.  Here in this fizzure I find much of interest, including those who went back to the Muggle world, sometimes achieving fame there, such as the musician who wrote the song, "I Could Turn You Inside-Out."


Bored: Next Scene--Paris 1920's

  Who am I here?  An American runaway, with a small amount of money.  I get a small flat , really only two rooms, in Montmartre, broken-down, which was then out in the country, basically,  but who needs  rooms when you have Paris?  What am I doing in Paris?  Essentially nothing.  Walking the streets looking for whatever catches my fancy and whim, no direction.  I take up with random people for brief periods--only if they are interesting, but I often prefer to walk alone, so I can turn with whatever my mind decides in the moment,  without explaining why or where I am going. This is because I rarely know.  This is my favorite thing to do.  I love to get lost, and then at some crisis moment, try to figure out how to get home by deduction and intuition.  If I have canvas, I paint;  paper I write.  Often I sing if there aren't too many critics around.  I have no ambitions whatever.  I think I've met some people who will one day be famous, but you can never tell with that.  I am losing weight and drinking my dinner too often, but it saves money.

 Bored: Yup

Bored.    Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.
Knew I would be.  Bored. Bored. Bored.
Bored. Bored.
With the U.S.A.

Bored, Again, 2013:  No, this time, the emotion is not really boredom I am fighting.  It is more restlessness, born of hopeless sadness.  Time, Time, Time to Escape.  Where now?  Well, Anywhere, with The Doctor.  But, damn, he misses Rose.  I want to go back in time, to do things I missed in the 70's, 80's.  Ok--since it's Dr. Who, let's pick something primo:  Led Zeppelin at the 1970 Montreux Jazz Festival, in Switzerland--supposed to have been epic.  Only 2000 tickets sold--among their first shows.  (In reality I was only 11.)
But with the Doctor, all we had to do was flash that magic paper he has, Psychic Paper,  that makes the ticket guy think he's seeing a ticket for the show--two actually.  So we don't have to be like the people who reportedly shimmied up to the roof, hid in the air ducts, to get in.  And the Doctor is getting over his loss of Rose a little , because this is something he would have liked to have done too, but never thought of!  Adding to the timeliness is the fact that This place will burn later, with Frank Zappa onstage--the moment  Deep Purple sings about. 

The Doctor probably won't even have to change his suit--he'll look something like a mod in that blue and brown pinstripe--a little out of date, but not ridiculous.  Me?  I'll wear my new Harley boots-- glad I grew my hair long-- low-slung bellbottoms and a black belt like I wore in punk days--it'll still work.  Shirt?  Hmmm.  My old  3 button T from the 70's Outta Sight shop on St. Pete Beach(Corey Ave)...not the ring ones with the Smiley face or the doo-dah man who tells you to Keep on Truckin'..the weirder one with all the blue ducks sorta randomly stamped on it, like they are zombie ducks, all heading for the guy on the shoulder with Victorian glasses and big teeth (one unfortunate duck seemingly caught between)--it looks like a drawing from Yellow Submarine.  Ok, now that we fit in...

The concert.  John Bonham is insane.  Jimmy Page makes me want to cry.  "Communication Breakdown" and "You Shook Me"...vibrated through my body like..oh shit.  Yeah, we do always have to be dealing with some sort of alien retardedness when we use the Tardis...guess we'll miss the rest.  At least I got to see this much.

Oh, yeah, I get to be skinny again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment