Saturday, December 15, 2018

Oh, crap.

So, This is a test.  It seems like I won't be allowed to edit my old posts under my new e-mail address, just read,  share, and make new blog posts.  More investigation....

This is one of the things that bothers me --losing access to my own work.

Dec 17, 2018:

Thank god I did this-- would have lost everything when they disabled my account today!!  Now I have lost editing privileges for all the other posts.  I'm wondering if I take off the other e-mail address if it will change my status -worth trying.

It can't be done since I no longer have the account.  So now, I just went through and copied every goddam post so I can still edit them if I want.  And now I have double posts for everything.  But I'm curious of how this will effect traffic.  Will the old ones no longer get hits at all?  Will the new ones have less traffic because they're unknown?  Curious.

Weird--can't access the stats page anymore?

10:57p.m.--so, the video teacher thing rejected me.  Who am I kidding, I would not have liked that job.  I felt awkward doing it, and now I feel humiliated.  I really didn't like how it was set up--I had all of 12 hours (less really) to put a presentation together, with no idea of how long it would be or what the evaluation would be about.  Turns out I got criticized for having bad camera angles, for not getting through the lesson (it didn't say how long it would be, until an hour before--you couldn't access the site to practice before that!)  Plus, I'm not used to dealing with very young kids, like a 5 year old!  I mean, the evaluator was right, this wasn't a good match for me, but how was I to know what they wanted without any information given.  I asked if they had older student, and she said they did, but I don't think that's a big part of their program.  It sounds kinda like a not so great company in spite of its ratings.  Chinese kids have to have other ways to learn basic conversational English that is more productive.  A 15 minute lesson, and all you learn is about 6 words?  I wouldn't buy into that for my kids.  Oh, well.  Chalk it up to experience--maybe other tutoring businesses are better.  I was just impressed with myself getting all the technology lined up in time.  I guess I was supposed to have practiced timing the lesson, but screw that.

 I suppose I was a little over-confident that this would be a shoo-in for me.  I think Ken better brace himself for the fact that I'm now a loser, that ageism is real, and he needs to downsize his spending habits.  That's the thing.  If it was just me to consider, I'd take my little ol' retirement and go live a frugal life somewhere.  Not Ken--he's always been a bit on the gluttonous  side.

No comments:

Post a Comment